Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh what a beautiful morning...

My running partner ditched me this morning. Apparently hes sick or something...NOT an excuse!!! Haha...just kidding of course...kind of ;)  Anyway, I really didn't mind. Instead I made a cup of tea (I have never drank so much tea in my life here) and went and sat on the roof and contemplated the meaning of life.  Ehh...not really. Want to know what I thought about? Good...cuz Im going to tell ya. First it was about how excited I am to watch the Packers play again. They are undefeated you know! But should they keep winning? Maybe these next 2 weeks should be losses. That way they play hard when it counts...during the play offs. Id much rather take a superbowl over an undefeated regular season! Once I had mapped out GBs plan for the rest of the season, my thoughts turned to how much I love the mornings. Back home, I love the mornings because its usually pretty quiet and there is not much going on. My favorite run is to head out of town, where, if I hit it at good timing, there is very little traffic minus some work trucks and I can see the sun rising. Here, I still love the mornings, but it is not quiet and there is always a lot of stuff going on. Cars are honking, animals are making their animal sounds, people are talking and usually yelling, and there is SO much truck traffic you can hear them anywhere. Its not peaceful, but yet it is??? I can still see the sun rising and the mountains in the background. And while there is all this commotion going on around me I still feel relaxed. God really had made (or at least tried to make) the world BEAUTIFUL! And every place is so different. Peru certainly doesn't look like WY, which doesn't look like ND, which doesn't look like Ireland, and so on... But I love that peaceful, easy feeling (name that tune...) of all those places. Hindsight is always 20-20, but I really like the memories that come to mind when I think about mornings I have spent in different places. Then my mind shifted to complete randomness including the realization that I haven't seen any Starbucks or McDonalds, even in the nicer parts of Chimbote. Strange. I don't think I have very many contemplative moments, but I guess you could say I had one this morning. For a few minutes at least. Sandwiched between the Packers and McDonalds... HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment