Saturday, October 22, 2011

Are you ready for some football???

This blog is going to be addicting! Alllllllll my random thoughts can be shared! And in one place.  So get ready...

Flew to Minneapolis yesterday for Dad's bday weekend and the Packer/Viking game. Flying out of Gillette is always kind of an adventure in itself, but I made it! Before I left my house, I weighed my suitcase. Now...I knew it wasn't accurate, because it was awkward to put on the scale, but it came out at 22#. So I thought, "phew...there's no way it will actually be up to 50". And it wasn't, but it was 49 pounds! Geesh! I'm thinking I'm way stronger than I thought! The plane ride to Denver was uneventful, but I actually got to sit next to a fun person. Too bad I fell asleep mid conversation about 10 minutes into the flight...no matter what I do, I just can't seem to stay awake on the plane. I kind of blame that on my mom ;)
So I made it to Minneapolis, had a great pizza lunch with Nancy and Jenna, and then a wonderful night with my family last night! Uncles Paul and Pete and their families, cousin Sean, and my parents and brothers all congregated at John and Nicole's house for....more pizza!!! Then we ended the night with HOME VIDEOS. Lots of laughs there...we were pretty cute kids :) Although, I think I'll definitely stay retired as a cameraman.
This weekend is UND's homecoming. And (if you don't count the year I hit a deer ON THE WAY to Grand Forks) it is the first time since 2000 that I have missed a UND homecoming. A little bummed about missing out on Red Pepper, tailgating, lemoncello, and Lifetime Movies...but a family get together in minneapolis, dad's birthday, and watching the Pack beat the Vikings definitely trumps it!

No comments:

Post a Comment