Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baby I was born to run!

Leave it to Bruce Springsteen to sum up how I'm feeling right now! After a week of not running, I was itching to go! I don't know how I possibly thought  I might be able to make it 8 weeks. Luckily for me, one of the other long term volunteers likes to run. So today...we RAN!!! Such a good time. It's a good thing I don't have any bad addictions!

My first week in Peru has been a good one. I can already tell my Spanish is improving and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with things. I've even come to accept the fact I probably won't take an actual shower the whole time I'm here...just use buckets of cold water. Luckily it's warm here, so it's really not too bad. As far as the food, I just pretend everything is chicken, potatoes, and squash...cuz that's what it all looks like. Oh yeah, and rice, LOTS of rice.

Yesterday I got to have ceviche for the first time. Muy bueno! It's raw fish soaked in a lime sauce. A Peruvian speciality.

The PT part is going really well after 2 days. I've gotten to work with a lot of different ailments. It's really testing my creativity, too, which is good.

In the mornings, I usually am woken up by roosters! Unfortunately, their "cook-a-doodle-do" does not sound like the cartoons. Instead, it sounds like the rooster is getting murdered! And no dog bites yet...but TONS of dogs! Apparently if you just pick up a rock, they'll leave you alone. I'm not afraid to actually have to use the rock though!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time sarah! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brosef! It has been a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a great time. Remember they're more scared of you than you are of them.

    ReplyDelete