Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's the Fiiiinal Countdown

This time next week, I should be on a bus from Lima to Chimbote! Hopefully all my luggage and money will still be intact at that point ;) Nerves might be starting to kick in a little bit, but I'm just enjoying my last few days here spending time with friends and getting excited about the weekend with my family.  Go PACK Go!!!
Today started out a little rough...got a flat tire on the way to piano lessons. But things always work out...my student's dad had it changed by the time the lesson was over! Thank goodness for kind, handy people :) My big accomplishment today though...I am officially PACKED for this trip! And everything fits in the suitcase woo hoo!!!
Once I get to Chimbote, I'll be staying with a host family. A little nervous about how communication will go as I don't really speak Spanish, but it will be nice to have a family down there! Last week I found out the time difference is only one hour ahead of Gillette time. For some reason, that makes me feel good. Kinda like I can't be THAT far away...it's the same difference as Gillette and Fargo :)
Well, I guess that's enough random thoughts for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment