Sunday, October 23, 2011

Go PACK Go!

Feliz Cumpleanos a mi Papa!!! What a great way to celebrate with a Green Bay win! All 7 of us went to the game. It ended up being a little closer than I thought, but that made it even more worth it. There were quite a few Packer fans there and I think they were even louder than the Vikes fans. I didn't get to meet Aaron Rodgers...but I think it probably was a good thing. You know, I leave for Peru tomorrow...wouldn't want him to fall in love with me and make it harder for me to leave :) Okay, back to reality. It was a GREAT family weekend!

Hmmm...tomorrow is the big day. By this time tomorrow night, I should just about be in Lima. It still doesn't seem quite real, yet. Although, today it sunk in that I'm going to miss 8 WEEKS of football! No watching and no being real active in fantasy football! I tried to soak as much as I could this weekend. Sure helps that I have a fun family, especially brothers, to talk nonstop about it with! If you're looking for a good laugh, btw, check out DJ Steve with Ray Lewis or Randy Moss on Youtube...guaranteed funny :)

Tomorrow Andrew and I fly off to Denver at 7:30 and then from there I head to Houston and then Lima. Tuesday, I take a bus to Chimbote and then my mission work starts!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! So glad the family could be together for your dad's birthday and to spend some much needed quality time before you left to Peru! John and I are thinking about you, praying you have/had a safe trip. Have fun getting settled in and we look forward to hearing how life in Peru is treating you...

    ReplyDelete