Monday, October 31, 2011

Do Re Mi

Happy Halloween! I don't think Halloween is much of a celebration here in Peru. Tomorrow is All Saints Day which is a national holiday. That means no work. Except if you're a volunteer :)

Last night I went to my first Mass here. It was BEAUTIFUL! The music was absolutely amazing (and I think I'm pretty biased about that kind of stuff!) Padre Juan is a very dynamic speaker, so although the whole thing was in Spanish, I left feeling real fulfilled. A good way to start out the week!

When I was thinking about the work I would be doing here, I wanted to make sure I'd be around long enough to see progress or some results from my efforts. Last week I worked with 2 different families who were concerned about their child not walking yet. Both were under 18 months and appeared typically developing. So I guess you'd say I worked my magic haha, because both returned today to show me how their child now walks independently! More likely a random coincidence or the good work of the parents in carrying over ideas I suggested. But it sure is fun to see success!

I'm hoping to upload some pictures soon, but the computers here are pretty slow. Stay tuned!!!

Oh yeah...and yesterday I thought I was agreeing to having jelly for my bread. But what I actually got was a giant bowl of prune pudding-ish stuff ALL for me. Yikes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment