Friday, November 4, 2011

Break it down!

Tonight is the last night the Friends of Chimbote board members are here so there is a party tonight! Or at least I think it is for them... Anyway, one of the volunteers here is a 19 year old boy who wants to be a youth minister. His way of reaching out to the youth is through break dancing. Woo hoo!!! You know what that means...time to bring the WORM to Chimbote! I told him I could do the worm and he asked backwards or forwards. Well...duh...I can do it both ways! No worries for any readers out there thinking I am going to embarrass myself...I already warned him that it looks way better in my head than it actually is. Maybe he can give me some tips so I can perfect it :)

I think I figured out how to upload pictures here. SO here are a few from my first 2 weeks in Chimbote. Enjoy!






 First picture is my host sister Julia. She is 3 years old. So fun! Every night when I get home she asks me to color with her.
Next is a picture of the daycare at the mission. I love the playplen made out of straw!
And here is the Pacific Ocean. Although, in this part of Chimbote it is a harbor. Not sure what the difference is...
Our PT clinic has an armbike!

No comments:

Post a Comment