Friday, November 11, 2011

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda

Feeling pretty darn good right now after getting to spend the last hour on the phone with Mom, Dad, and John! Email is great for keeping in touch, but there is something about hearing someones voice that really gets ya on a high! Its only been a few weeks that Ive been gone, but I really miss my family and friends and think of you ALL often :)

Okay...enough sentimental stuff!

All week I have been helping Fr. Jack with his Christmas cards with a bunch of other people. I guess I caught a Peruvian eye, because this morning after my run one of the guards was waiting for me to pass on my first Peruvian love note. Too bad its all in Spanish and I cant read it. AND just so its known...I have no interest in this guy past friendship. I wont get into all the drama rama going on, but basically this feels like a telanovella (spanish soap opera) which was funny to me at first, but now it is just getting annoying. And the best (or worst???) part is...I dont understand any of it, because it is all happening in Spanish. So I guess Ill have to bring my friend Maggie along to translate and let him down gently...or more likely, assertively cuz the gentle, passive approach doesnt seem to be working haha!

Today the PT I work with had a birthday. For lunch we had ceviche...and beer! Gotta love the culture here :) After talking to my parents I found out it is a big football weekend that starts today. Play hard Shanley, Bismarck, Moorehead, NDSU, and of course....GO PACK GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment