Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are you eating under there?

So, the phone and internet cables were stolen at the parish on Thursday making internet and phone unavailable until today. Ive become so used to being able to get on the computer everyday it was kind of funny to feel so disconnected, but geesh, it was only 2 days! Anyway, Ive got a lot to post about, but Im going to split them up :)

Yesterday afternoon was a quiet day around the parish, so I decided to do laundry. I brought 30 pairs of underwear with me...yeah, I know, a little excessive, but it was the one thing I wanted to make sure I always had a clean pair of. I figured this way Id only have to worry about laundry one time (turns out it wouldn't of mattered though) and yesterday was that time. I was a little embarrassed about hanging on the laundry line in my host family's backyard, so I figured I could wash it all then just hang em in my room to dry. So I filled my laundry bag up with 4 weeks of dirty underwear and headed out back to do my laundry. But, like all the best laid plans... My host family's daughter was visiting from Lima for the weekend and insisted on doing my laundry. I did not have my spanish dictionary with me and couldn't come up with enough words to insist back that I wanted to do it. So not only were ALL those pairs of underwear hanging out on the line to dry, but someone other than me had to handwash them all. Plus...they're a bunch of cheapie walmart ones. Plus...she had to be wondering why there were so many. Wish I would've gotten a picture of the clothes line this morning haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment