Friday, November 4, 2011

More pictures!

Here are some more pictures from my trip so far. I need to remember to use my camera more often!
 The PT clinic the day we toured it.

 Visiting one of the schools. Once you take you camera out, all the kids want you to take their picture!

 A peacock!

 These next few pics are shots of the clinic at the end of the morning. This is where I spend my mornings working.

 An infrared lamp. The only kind of modality they have at the clinic. In my 2 weeks here, Id say Ive seen it used 4 or 5 times.

 Some of the equipment.

 Lunch time at one of the schools

 My first protest! Fr. Jack called a press conference to protest truck traffic through the Parish mainstreet. It has not been a safe area...the trucks drive really fast and stop for nothing. 3 of the missions schools are along this route as well.

 Guinea pig! In case you cannot tell...they are served with their heads on and everything. I tried it (not the head!) and it wasnt too bad.

 Visited Matinerdad de Maria, an orphanage. They can take up to 25 children. Currently there are about 12. They stay there until they are about 4 or 5 and then if they have not been adopted yet, they get sent to a bigger facility.

 The kids are adorable!!!

The PT in me had to do a quick gross motor development check...AND correct the W sitting :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, I love your posts! You are doing amazing work! Those children are beautiful! Praying for you and your mission.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete