Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A cockroach can live for over a week without its head

Yep...it's true...Wikipedia confirmed it.
Today I spent the morning playing with the kids in the daycare. Always a fun time. I've decided my goal before I leave should not just be to cure the kids of the dreaded W-sitting, but to cure their teacher! If I walk in one morning and see her sitting on the floor, NOT doing it, I'll have succeeded :) At first, I tried to be passive about it, figuring if she saw me constantly correcting the kids, she'd start doing it herself, but that hasn't worked yet. I won't be mean about it though. Heck, I was a W-sitter! It's a nasty habit. But now I'm a PT, I KNOW better...

Anyway, so that was my morning. This afternoon has been spent compiling 7 different lists of volunteer supplies into 1. Sounds easy and it actually COULD be easy, but I'm finding it really hard to sit and concentrate. And with the internet right at my fingers, it has been too distracting to look up random stuff. Random FACTS! Therefore, an hour-max job, has turned into an entire afternoon. But lucky you, blog readers, you get to benefit from my procrastination because here are some of the more interesting ones I found!

-Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water

-Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner

-Pigs can get a sunburn

-The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache in a standard deck of cards

-In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere

-The first word spoken on the moon was "ok"

-If you unfolded your brain, it would cover an ironing board

-Banging your head against the wall uses 150 calories

-Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying

No comments:

Post a Comment