Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hmmm...this MIGHT be oversharing...

..but Im not embarrassed about it! So dont feel awkward for me haha...

Before I left Wyoming I went to the doctor to make sure I had all the right shots and to get any suggestions about sickness from her. She gave me a prescription in case I had bad stomach issues and then some meds for urinary tract infections since I wasnt sure what the bathroom situation would be like. Anyway, I put all those pills, plus ibuprofen, Advil pm, vitamins, nyquil, immodium, pepto bismal, and some other random cold and flu meds in a giant ibuprofen bottle for the trip. A pharmacy in a can! Besides the vitamins and nyquil, I havent used any of it yet. Until yesterday. We were out doing home visits, and instead of walking we had motor transportation...or a motorcycle with a trailer hooked up to the back. It was a BUMPY ride and by the time I got home I had a pretty raging headache. I figured ibuprofen would fix that. So I dug into my bottle and popped 4 ibuprofen. Or so I thought. I felt a little woozy, but assumed I was just tired from a busy day. It wasnt until I used the bathroom that I realized what Id done. My urine was orange. Like PUMPKIN orange. NASTY! Instead of taking 4 ibuprofen, I took 4 pills that you use to make the bladder or something numb when you have a UTI. 4 was probably a bit of an overdose, but it did take care of my headache. I have drank a TON of water today to try and get rid of all that orange. Since my host family only has their water turned on for a couple hours in the morning, they adopt the "if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down" policy. But no where have I read what you do about orange...  So let this be a warning to you all...only mix pills together when none of them could be mistaken for something else!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment