Sunday, November 6, 2011

Clean enough...

Today I got my laundry done! It was all smooth sailing until I accidentally knocked the basket with my clean, wet clothes on the dirt floor. Oh well, I hung em up anyway...CLEAN ENOUGH :)

It sure was a fun weekend. Friday was the "fiesta". And with that, the worm was brought to Chimbote. Im sure things will never be the same now :) Kyle, the 19 year old break dancer is AMAZING! He gave me some pointers to perfect my worm skills. Maybe if I do 107 pushups everyday I will actually be able to do it right haha.

This last week Fr. Jack also returned. He had been in ND since I arrived as his sister died a couple weeks ago. He is AWESOME! From just spending a short time with him and Sr. Peggy, it is pretty easy to tell why the mission is so successful. He is a pretty funny story teller too!

This week it should be pretty quiet around here. Tomorrow I get to help set up a wheelchair more appropriately for a child. I am also working on a generalized exercise and stretching program for back pain as that is a pretty common complaint around here. It is stressing me out a little bit, because I not only have to write it in Spanish but I also have to draw the pictures myself. Say a prayer about that!!!

Here are a few pictures of the mission.



 This is the view from the rooftop of the Parish.

 One of the small churches in the Parish. I love how simple it is.
 Mmmm...chicken....not sure if salmonella is a worry here. This is at one of the soup kitchens.

 The music here is AMAZING. This is one of the church choirs.

 This and the next picture is my walk to the Parish everyday.

The Parish grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment